Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

thugpoet22

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
My family just recently got a new computer with Windows XP on it, and I set one account to to Admin and the other to have Limited access. The problem is when my sister tries to save her Sims game from the account with Limited access it give her an error message. When my mother tries to open a game of Mahjong on the same accont it hangs, but everything works fine from the admin acccount. What could be causin that to happen and how could I correct this.

Some programs require more rights than the user has. I consider this to be a fault when admin access is required for a program to run when it isn't something to do with system maintenance.

So is there anyway to allow the limited access account enough access to system files without giving them full control to the system so that they can run there programs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back