Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access control

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchen

IS-IT--Management
Mar 7, 2003
SG
why every time the option of &quot;Enforce a consistent Access control list across all replicas of this database&quot; in the access control list been checked in the server side, the server will lost it's authority to operate that database. The server can't even open the database.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;And If I already checked this function and no one else has the manager change the ACL of this database. What can I do to take off the function or to restore the authority of the server to access the database.<br>

Be careful how you describe server. Do you mean the server service, or do you mean the client on the server workstation? There is a HUGE difference. <br><br>Realistically, this option was meant to prevent people from using the client on the server workstation to override the ACL security.<br><br>Unfortunately for you, your problem isn't really a problem. It's a security feature that is of GREAT advantage in large companies. <p> Mike Hillwig<br><a href=mailto:mike@hypermike.com>mike@hypermike.com</a><br><a href= done more R5 deployments than I care to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back