Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access codes on BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bliemsgirl

Programmer
Jan 24, 2005
SR
Is it possible to have a seperate access code for each caller on the bcm to access the same group of lines? Meaning that ext 405 would have one access code for line A, but ext 406 would have a different access code for line A as well.

One of our customers thinks its possible but no matter what I tell him he won't back down.

You may want to try the destination code section - i haven't looked at it in this application but we had a customer who wanted the speed dial list to match their store numbers and the normal speed dial bin numbers did not match. We set up destination codes 451 through 669 and had these codes dial out to the store telephone numbers.
If you skip the telephone number section and just give it access to the pool it should work - our application was on a PRI so I'm not sure about loop lines.

A line can only be in 1 pool, and a pool can only have 1 access code. So the answer to your question is NO.

This can be set up on a per/dn basis using COS codes. I haven't done it in a while, but that's where you want to look.
The line will need to be restricted outbound access, with override codes that you can create.

That's kind of how it will go, and if I was in front of a BCM at this moment I could tell more specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back