Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Client: cwblogon on windows server 2012r2

Status
Not open for further replies.

plume24

Technical User
May 21, 2016
LU
Hello,
We are currently preparing a migration to windows server 2012 r2 and I cannot get the access client working as before. On the old server (2003) I had a .bat file calling cwblogon and it worked perfectly.
On the new one, after copying all the settings (odbc and iseries) I am unable to get a connection with the cached password (returns length = 0).
If I set to prompt if required and I call cwblogon /c, I can enter my pw and it works, but as soon as I try to cache the password using cwblogon I get the zero-length error.
I would be grateful for any idea (google gave me nothing)

Tom

Earlier today I thought I had found a solution by using a .dsn file including the Password,
this worked fine in Access when I changed the link, I could open the linked table, without being prompted for Password.

But after having changed all the concerned Access files, I discovered that it did not work anymore :-(
I have to select the .dsn file each time in order to connect without Password prompt; if I restart Access the Password Information from the dsn file seems to be lost ...

I am not sure if this should not go into the Access threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back