Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access Calendar in other site 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boehmi

MIS
Mar 18, 2002
DE
Hi all,

we have a lot of sites in our Organization. If a user from another site grants to me reviewer access to his calendar, i'm not able to open the calendar. I get response "Unable to display the folder. Information Store could not be openend."
Is this a "works as designed" feature or is there any workaround?

TIA for every hint!

Boehmi

Sometimes this does not work instantly and takes time to sync during replication. Are you leaving a sufficient gap between giving permissions and trying to open?

Hi FAChester,

I tried it on friday and today - still the same problem. Is there any free/busy schedule setting to take?

Thanxx!

Boehmi

Hi Boehmi, is that user granting you those rights thru an Outlook client? If so, it's possible they may not have granted the permissions in all the necessary places. With Outlook, you first need to go to Tools/Options/Delegates and grant the permissions there. After that, open a Folder List view of the mailbox, right-click on the mailbox heading and choose Properties. Go to the Permissions tab to define the permissions again...

Are all the servers installed into the same site and do you share the same domain.

We have a different site for each country and also different domains.

Not between all of them. In my testing case there is none.

well then Chaupa has likely hit the proverbial nail on the head. Since there's no trust between the domains, there's no chance that security/permissions can be applied to your chosen delegates. Exchange uses NT security to grant delegate permissions. So, just because you can see someone's name in the GAL, it doesn't necessarily mean that adding them as a delegate will work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back