Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 to Access 2000 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dummy99

Programmer
Apr 25, 2002
FR
I've developed an Access application under Windows 95, Access 97 and I need to transfer this to a Windows 2000, Access 2000 instalation.

Problems:

1) Access 2000 wont open the application saying the application needs to be converted and I haven't got rights to convert it - don't remember the exact message because it was last night and I didn't note it (I temporarly got arround the problem) and furthermore the message is in German which is not my forte.

2) I temporarly got around this by using an old application I have in my Access 97 installation which works when I bring it to the Access 2000 instalation. I empty this application of all its tables, queries etc. and copy those from my new application into it - I call this my "Transporter". When I open this Transporter under Access 2000, it works. But, my problem is that if I need to change anything in that application, I can't get into it, i.e., hold down of the shift key upon opening doesn't work. I managed to get it to work only once which was after Converting. After that it doesn't work.

I'm looking for answers to both problems, but at the moment a solution to the second one is more important.

Sorry for being long winded but I tried to explain as clearly as possible. If you need more info, I'll be glad to provide it.

Many thanks,
Dummy99

Trying opening the database exclusively through the drop down arrow by the open button. Open a blank Access window, open a new file, and when you browse to and choose your file, by open, use the arrow and pick open exclusively. Then try to do your conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back