Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 - Setting Default Font?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakota81

Technical User
May 15, 2001
US
Is there a way I can set the default font when like adding in a new text field into a form? Currently it's that MS Sans Serif, and I want all things in Arial, size 9 to begin with.

Right click on the control and change the FONT there Craig, mailto:sander@cogeco.ca

"Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday."

I hope my post was helpful!!!

Er, let me rephrase that, I want every new text field or box or whatever to automatically default to the Arial font so that I don't have to go back into the controls and modify the font.

Look at "Default Control Style" in the help file. It has instructions for setting the default for either the current form or for all forms.
-------------------------------------------------
Change default properties for a type of control

Each type of control has a default set of properties that determine the general appearance and behavior of that type of control. For example, the default properties for a text box determine the size and font of the text box and whether the text box has an attached label. This set of properties for a control is called the "default control style." You may want to change the default control style for a type of control if you find that you often make the same changes to that type of control after you add it to a form or report.

For example, suppose you don't want to create labels for text boxes you add to a new form. Rather than deleting the label each time you create a text box, you can change the AutoLabel property setting to No in the text box's default control style.
Once you reset a control's default control style, all subsequent controls of that type that you add to the current form or report will have those property settings. The default control style remains in effect for that form or report until you change it again.

I believe this may be what you are looking for...

Set defaults for the appearance of Datasheet view

1 Open a table, query, or form in Datasheet view.
2 Click Options on the Tools menu.
3 Click the Datasheet tab.
4 Click the options you want.

Note These options do not override any changes you have previously made to specific datasheets using the Format menu commands. If you want those specific datasheets to also have the same format, you must make the changes in the specific datasheets using the Format menu commands or remove the saved properties using Visual Basic code.

btw...this was copied from the Microsoft Help file.

gormcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back