Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 report problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWall

Instructor
Apr 3, 2000
AE
Hi,<br><br>I'm trying to setup an access report that has 3 columns and one level grouping. I've set the option &quot;Keep together with first detail&quot; for that group. Because of this setting, the columns are not always vertically aligned and this is a must. Any ideas on how to implement such a solution? Your help will be greatly appreciated.<br><br>thanks,<br>TheWall

I am not sure what you are asking, but after you run the wizard, go into design mode on the report and use the left mouse to highlight the field you wish to align, then the right mouse to select the alignment.&nbsp;&nbsp;This is usually pretty effective as polishing up <br>alignments.<br><br>Keith

Thanks Krisman,<br><br>This is not however what I was asking. Let me try to rephrase. In my access report page setup - column tab, I've selected to print 3 columns with the &quot;down then across&quot; layout. My report has 5 fields layed out vertically so that access prints the first column, then the second and the third. Because I'm grouping by category, the first column might finish at the bottom edge of the page while the second ends 1&quot; before the bottom edge and the third maybe 0.5&quot;. I need for all columns to finish at the bottom edge of the page exactly. I hope this is clearer and thanks again for your help.<br><br>TheWall

I understand better what you are trying to do. (Vertical column justification), and it is <br>probably doable, but I can't say I have a solution. I wish I could be more help.<br>

For your two requirements, &quot;Keep together with first detail&quot; and &quot;Column Vertical Alignment&quot;, I believe you can only get one or the other. You can not get both since they two conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back