Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 on W2K: No license 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLee

Programmer
Jan 28, 2001
AU
Access 97 on W2K: No license for it on this machine.

1. I have tried to set permissions for the \\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Licenses key with regedt32. This does not seem to help.

2. I fixed this problem some years ago on a W95 m/c by renaming the hatten font to hatten.xxx, reinstalling Access 97 and resetting the font suffix, ....but now I have W2K

.....are'nt I lucky. Any help is most appreciated.

This is very strange solution but work. You can find out on Microsoft web site.
Find and rename a font file called Hatten.ttf to Hatten.tt_. Re-install Access97. Rename the font file back.

I just had this same problem and used this solution. It works. I uninstalled both instances of office, renamed the font then reinstalled 97, then 2000. I found when I went to rename the font file, that there was already another hatten.ttf file there so I deleted the one I had renamed. Michelle Fulton

I had the same problem as this when I installed Access 2000 on Windows 98 and the solution was in the knowledgebase. It might be worth a look there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back