Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 DateAdd

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyD

Programmer
Jul 25, 2001
US
This is probably a simple one, but I have an Access application that uses a valuation date and subracts 3 months and uses the resulting date for calculations. This has worked fine until this month where the valdate is now 2/28/02. The resulting calculation is 11/28/01. What am I doning wrong?? I thought Access would recognize February.

The code I am using is:

Dim Valdate as Date
Dim NewDate as Date

NewDate = DateAdd("m",-3,Valdate)

Again, this has worked fine until this month!!

You don't state it explicitly but are you looking for month-end dates, ie 11/30/01? It could easily be argued that 11/28/01 is the right answer based on the parameters in your dateadd call.

If your valuation date will always be the last day of a month(/quarter?) then this would work:

NewDate = DateAdd("d", -1, DateAdd("m",-3,dateadd("d",1,Valdate)))

Best Regards,
Mike

Hi!

It looks like Access is still doing what you have asked. If what you want is the last day of the month 3 months ago, then use this:

NewDate = DateSerial(Year(DateAdd("m",-3,Valdate)),Month(DateAdd("m",-2,Valdate)), 0)

hth
Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back