Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 / Citrix CPU running @ 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binnit

Technical User
Apr 28, 2004
US
We have recently moved to Citrix server 2000 Metaframe XP and are having severe issues with our corporate A97 database. It used to work fine with NT4.

Once we have 15 or more users logged in to the database the Citrix server CPU usage jumps to 100% and everything grinds to a halt.

Anyone know of a quick solution to this?

If IT ain’t working Binnit and Reboot

I'm afriad that you are now experiencing one of Microsofts wonderful jokes on the world.

Access 97 will take up a full processor load, in a dual processor machine you will see the utilisation at 50% when one instance of Access is open. There is no fix.

If you can upgrade to a newer Access version.

Access 2000 runs at about 20 - 25% but drops when the users isn't typing.

Access XP and newer run at 5 - 10 % and are friendly in a terminal server environment.

I remember how I felt when I found this out, I had to put in a seperate Citrix server just to do Access to stop it killing the other published apps.

Adenne
Thanks for this and apologies for the delay in reply, my Citrix was running @ 100% so could'nt do much else! (just kidding)

We sort of came to this conclusion too, unfortunately we are unable to upgrade due to parent co systems development strategy (or lack of it in this instance)

If IT ain’t working Binnit and Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back