Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 Application from Server Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonmustard

Technical User
Apr 26, 2001
US
I have loaded an Access 97 file to be viewed across multiple stations of a network. It is a Linux OS on the server. Access 97 is loaded on each PC. I have the ability to access the file from each machine. However, I can not view reports in the same landscape mode from each machine. Some machines provide the portrait view.

What do I need to do for each machine to have the same view?

Also, I have already gone to Tools / Options / General...and pointed to the server "F:/" for the application on each machine.

DM

Hi,

A couple of comments that may or may not be helpful for you depending upon how our situations differ. My apps are compiled into an MDE file and stored along with another access (back-end) database holding the tables. Certainly having it on each PC will improve performance depending upon how large & linked things are....but for us, this set up works kind of nice and I know everyone is using the same version of my program. Anyways...to your question....

Generally in Access 97, if you set your print settings up in your report while in the design mode, these setting will stay with that report each time it is called for each user. I've done this for reports that need to be in the landscape mode or when I want labels to go to a specific printer other than the default.

If you don't have it set up like this, I think your left for the user to do this each time.

Kind of a nice feature however I've heard (not verified) it doesn't do this in Access 2000 when the time comes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back