Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 and Windows 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

willyb

Technical User
Sep 8, 2001
US
We have a database that opens and can run all the needed querys and look at all the linked tables when it is ran on a Windows 98 machine. When we try to open the same database using a Windows 2000 machine Access just shuts down. I have a machine that dual boots both Win 98 and Win2K and under 98 it runs fine but 2000 just sucks. I have applied all the office service packs and tried to update the odbc drivers but nothing seems to work. Anyone have any Ideas on what I can do to fix this.

In my point of view , and in my experiance with Aceess ..
I didn't face any problem like this before .
But ,, I know that everything is working with access 97 , but ,, can u import all the tables , and the queries from the old access , to the access 2000 .. and try to use it instead of the old one .. this may work with u ! Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

willyb,

I don't remember why, but Access97 not working well in Win2k is what prompted my purchase of MSOff2k. I know that since then there has been a compatability update

Otherwise, there are user level problems

These aren't your specific problem, but mebbe putting users at admin level to test whether user levels are an issue?

Roamer1 thanks for the reply but the different machines this has been tried on vary from no Windows 2000 service packs to #3 and the results are the same.

Netwalker1 Thanks to you as well, but we can't justify to the powers that be upgrading to Access 2000 for the whole company. We run an older version of SBT, our accounting management software and much of what we do will not run with Access 2000.

We have also tried to copy the entire database and have run repair on it as well. Still no luck. If anyone has another suggestion please let me know.
Thanks Will

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Perhaps a post to the Access forum elsewhere on this site would yield better results. Good Hunting!

Search on the microsoft site, I had the same prob a while back, they had a fix for it.
Cheers
Axe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back