Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 and CSV import error

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibib3

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
GB
Hi

Can anyone help me please, I've tried our IT Support staff but to no avail!

For the last five years I have used a set of macros to import CSV data into an Access 97 database. Each macro first clears all records in a temporary table and then imports the new data using Import Specifications to the now empty temporary table and finally calculates some times before appending the records to the master table.

Since last week I have been unable to use the macros as they all fail with an

'F:\admisstype.txt'isn't a valid path.

error message at the import part of the macro.

The macro imports 3 files one after another and they do sit on my network F: drive but the above file certainly isn't one of the files I import. It appears to be the first file on the drive alphabetically speaking.

I have also tried the import process manually, I can find the file I want to import, I can choose the delimiter, I can set the data types for the fields, I can specify the Key field but when I have entered a new table name and clicked on finish I get the same error message.

I tried writing the procedure as a module in VB but I still get the same error message.

I have tried creating a brand new database and manually importing the files into that but it still fails!

I havn't got much hair left now!

Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back