Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 97 & Access 2000 installed on same PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

netcert

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
US
We rolled oout a new PC with Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000 Pro installed. Then we had to install Access 97 as well because the user had several DB's that she used and was not ready to convert to Access 2000. Both versions are installed in their owns folders yet when she opens an '97 DB and tries to run a certain program she gets an error stating that it can't find the particular "project or library" in the module that it uses.

Now I can go to my machine which is running W2K Pro with Office 97 installed and Access 97 installed (& running as the default DB) and run this program with no problems.

I'm thinking the reason she is getting her error is due to having Office 2000 installed 1st as the office suite but I don't know for sure.

Does anyone have a clue?

Rob

Tom,

Thanks for your reply. Actually, right before I posted this thread I downloaded this article but want to post anyway just in case someelse hand any 1st hand experience with it.

Rob

My experiences alway point to it being FAR easier to get it all working smoothly if you install in date order.

Ie. Install 97 first - then install A2k over the top.

I have this set up on my laptop and it works fine.
After running A97 - the A2k takes a few seconds longer to boot up because it says it is 're-installing' iteslf. But it is only a matter of a few seconds.

( I have the entire Office suite running this way. )

'ope-that-'elps.

G LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back