Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2K help system won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

huggybear

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
US
Dear friends,

I am having a little problem displaying help in Access 2000. When I try to display help, I get the message “Microsoft Access can’t display Help. An error occurred and this feature is no longer working properly. Would you like to repair this feature now?”.

I have tried to repair this feature, but to no avail. Does anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Thanks in advance, Bear

I would try re-installing the help files. Go to the Control Panel, Add-Remove Programs, and select office 2000. Select the middle button...Add or Remove features.
In the explorer menu, for MS Access, expand the features.
For Help, select'Run From My computer'.

Then click next, and it will install the files, and help should work. You may need the CD, unless it is a network install.

Arden,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have just tried it and it is basically (sp?) what I have done in the past. It still doesn't work. I have even reinstalled Access and it still won't work.

I'm running Access 2000 SR1 on Windows 2000 Pro, if that info helps.

Thanks again, Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back