Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2k BackEnd to Oracle 9i

Status
Not open for further replies.

etrain

Programmer
Aug 3, 2001
US
I am wanting to move an MS Access 2k backend to Oracle. I want to do this as simply and easily as possible. I do not plan on improving anything, it is a straight do not change anything except make the Front End work with Oracle.

I plan on just using ODBC Linked tables, not ADO. The only problem I have run into that I am not too familiar with is what to do about the columns in a couple tables that are OLE Object datatypes. I know from some reading it needs to be a BLOB datatype, that's easy.

How to I get a file loaded into the database though? I want to change the Access forms as little as possible and add the least amount of code as possible if any.

Any direction is appreciated. I have asked our DBAs but I do not expect much from them on the subject.

thanks

Remember the Past, Plan for the Future, yet Live in the Present for tomorrow may never come.
-etrain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back