Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2013 Users Permissions Templates/Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

roystreet

Programmer
Oct 12, 2000
US
Hello,
I have a database that I've used user level security where people inputted a username/password to allow them in. We've upgraded to Access 2013 & I wanted to use simply a users table that uses the their network logon as their username.
For instance...
The windows network logon on would be: Joetester
Once they try to open the database, it will check a users table to see if that is a valid username. If it is, then it will allow them to use the database based on the permissions value I have in the users table

I'm able to do this some degree & I'm afraid I'm making it to complicated. The form that Access first opens is called LogOn & there is a username field that populates the username based on txtUser = (Environ$("Username"))
It then opens another form that runs a query that sees if there is a username in the table that matches their network logon. My problem is, if there is no user in the table that the form opens & is completely blank because the query pulled no records. Does anyone have any ideas how to perfect this or templates somewhere that I can dig thru? I've searched & searched the internet & I'm not finding what I need. Having the user just opening the database & it using their network logon to let them in is much easier for them & no password needed.

I think I may have figured out a way to use DLookup to grab the data I needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back