Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2013 Navigation Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

smalty

Technical User
Jan 9, 2005
GB
I am using an Access 2013 'Navigation Form' and on one of the Tabs there is a subform container which is used for the 'BrowseTo function for showing various forms and reports.
One of these Forms (fHomeClient)contains a subform (fClientFeeComm)which contains a FirstName and LastName field which are used as criteria for a select query which in turn is used as the source for a report.

The problem is that if I call the report from within fClientFeeComm the report works as expected but if I call it from within fHomeClients
I get the parameter box pop up asking for criteria.

Any ideas

What do you mean if you call the report from?

Are you passing the report OpenArgs? How is the report bound to the FirstName / LastName fields?

I'm assuming you have a report with a bound query and the query contains the selection criteria for FirstName / LastName?

If a query is ran (report or otherwise) and there are bound fields for the data selection criteria, it shouldn't matter where the report is opened from as long as the fields are accessible through the relevant parent/child - form/sub_form relationship.

The parameter popup happens when it cannot reference the fields provided in the query.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back