Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 Web Form on SharePoint - How to output data on button click

Status
Not open for further replies.

sqleptical

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
I've got an Access 2010 Web Form (published to Sharepoint 2010) that the user will fill out at the time of an interview. When they click the Access Form Control Button, I need it to output the form data to something that the user can copy/paste the output text into another application. The output will be in narrative form and will be more than 255 characters.

When this was a client form, I just exported it to an HTML file and it worked great, but now I need it to run on SharePoint 2010.

I can't figure out a way to do this in the Web Form. I'm lost without VBA. Because of the narrative nature of the output, I don't see how a Web Report will do the trick and Web Access does not allow me to have a calculation Field that is Memo. Because blank fields and the accompanying narrative text need to be left out of the output I have not been able to figure out how to use a data macro to do this.

If anyone has an idea or can point me in the right direction, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back