Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 permissions issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

vba317

Programmer
Mar 5, 2009
US
I created an Access 2010 database today it works fine on my PC. The database uses linked tables to an sql 2005 server. When an operator logs in as herself on her machine I get a sql connection error. When I set up the ODBC connections to the database on her PC. I get an error message saying I don't have permission to set up a System DSN. How can I resolve this?

Tom

I am using the user DSN. I talked to the system admin and was told that the person I am trying to fix can't be a system admin so I guess I will have to use the user DSN. So if I use the user DSN how can I set the database up so I don't get this error 28000? I am wondering if I am going to have to create a new database on her PC to avoid this issue?

I don't understand the issue.

When you create a user DSN on her machine, does it test ok?

Are you using Windows or SQL authentication?

Does she belong to an Active Directory group that has permission in the SQL database?

I often create a pass-through query to connect without using a DSN. I use modified code from Doug Steele's web site.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back