Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 pages down but not up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleasehelpalot

Instructor
Oct 4, 2005
US
I have a DB developed in Access 2003. It has a form with four pages (designated with page breaks). When running it on Access 2010, you can page down to page three and then it won't page up. It will continue to page down to page four but won't go back up. It freezes.
What's going on?

How does it "page up" or "page down" Are you talking about moving up and down a scrolling area, or something else behind some buttons?

Just using the page up and page down keys on a continous form with page breaks.

Well, that is interesting indeed. Do you know if there is any code running behind the form at all? I'd just be curious to see whether there were any code that is looking for the keystrokes entered, and whether there is an issue there.

Another possibility could be that the form became corrupted slightly, so that its only affecting some functions.

I found that if you hit the home key it brings you back to page one. That's a resolution as the user just wants to get back up to the combobox and choose a new record without needing to go out and come back. For now, I'll settle for that as this is one of those problems that my never be resolved. I have other programs were this doesn't happen so it's just idiosyncratic to this database.
Thanks for your help.

And idiosyncrasies in database forms are often caused by corruption in said forms. So I'd suggest at least creating a new form, copying over the controls and any code behind them, and see if it works correctly.

Reason I say that is if it's corrupted already, then what if it gets further corrupted? What next?

Just something to think about - at the least, I'd keep a back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back