Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 Navigation Form Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray1127

Programmer
Feb 22, 2002
US
I have an Access Database originally designed in Access 2003. There is a form that was used as the startup form. I've rebuilt the database in Access 2010. Importing the original Data, Queries, Forms, reports from the access 2003 Database. The startup form had a short delay in the form load event to allow 2 combo boxes on the form to process. the first combo box is for a type and the 2nd is a list of subtypes related to the type. the source for the 2nd combo box is a query using the first combo box in the where clause. the types and subtypes are in 2 tables in the database. Worked fine in Access 2003. Since converting everything to 2010 and using a Navigation form rather than the original form as a startup. There is now a prompt for the combo box 1 data. The prompt comes up before the delay even starts. I tried adding a delay on the Navigation Form Load Event but still get the prompt prior to that. Anybody run into this? anybody have an idea how I can fix it?

Thanks

Did some more checking and the problem in in the Query that populates that combo box. The Criteria had the following

forms!frm_Data_Entry!cbotype

It's when this query runs that the error comes up. I'm assuming that this is because the form is now a subform of the navigation form so the Forms!frm_Data_Entry!cbotype is wrong. I've tried
Forms![Navigation form]!frm_Data_Entry!cbotype but that had no effect. Anybody know how to point to a control on a subform of the Navigation form? am I missing something?

Ok never mind I figured it out.

[forms]![Navigation Form]![NavigationSubform].[Form]![cbotype]
That worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back