Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2010 Horizontal Tabs 2 levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

traycee

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2001
US
I'd like to use the new Horizontal Tabs 2 level navigation form for a new database but am having problems getting it to work. And maybe it won't work the way I'd like. I have a table, ClientInfo, with a primary key of ClientID. A Program table with ClientID as the foreign key and ProgramID as the primary key. And a table called Changes with ProgramID as the foreign key. ClientInfo links to Program and Program links to Changes.

I have a top level tab of ClientInfo and a second level tab of Client Info just for convenience. Program and Changes are also second level tabs under the main tab ClientInfo. When I choose a client and then click the Program tab I'd like it to take me to only those programs that belong to that specific client. In the query for Program Info under ClientID I have the criteria [Forms]![Navigation Form]![ClientID] and in the ClientID field of the ProgramInfo form I have the default value set to =[Forms]![Navigation Form]![ClientID]. When I choose a Client and then click the Program tab it always takes me to the first client's record. I am unable to synchronize or filter so that when I choose a Client and click the Program tab it takes me to the Programs for that specific Client.

Thanks for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back