Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007, VBA Project 'file not found'

Status
Not open for further replies.

katoc

Programmer
Feb 15, 2005
US
I have been working with a database for quite a while, updating forms, queries, tables and reports. This was a Access 2000 database that I opened and edited in Access 2007. It's been working great so far, but today I hit 'Design' on one of my forms and it gives me a Microsoft Visual Basic 'File Not Found' error. (It also gives me that error when I first try to open the database) It then says: the database cannot be opened because the VBA project contained in it cannot be read. the database can be opened only if the VBA project is first deleted. Deleting the VBA project removes all code from modules, forms, and reports. You should back up your databases before attempting to open the database and delete the VBA project.

If I delete the VBA project, I will lose all my coding behind the forms. I've tried creating a new db and importing the objects but it gives me the same error. I'm out of options. Anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back