Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007 Tabs are hidden & Office Button items hidden. How to reset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWD

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
GB
Good morning, I have inherited an Access database that appears to have just about everything locked down/locked out. All I can see is the 'Home' tab on the ribbon. When I click on the Office Button the only option left is Close Database. I can get to the macros but can't see any clues there. Does anyone have any code I can use to restore things please?

I thought I'd found an option a few weeks ago - can't remember what it was now - but it required the database to be shut down and restarted to take effect :(

Many thanks,
D€$

Ah, found on mrexcel.com to hold the Shift key down when it's opening so that's a step further forward. I can see everything but it all disappears again when I click the 'Enable Macros'.

Many thanks,
D€$

Thanx. Yeah, I think the holding the Shift works. I'd need the macros to run the database. However I think I managed to figure out how it worked & what the form buttons were doing by copying all his tables & his code into a new DB.

Shame there doesn't seem to be a permanent way of making it 'normal' again otherwise. :(

Many thanks,
D€$

Well, basically, I'd like to be able to see the Navigation Pane and for it not to disappear & (appear to) be 'disabled' as soon as I open the Form that contains all the buttons linked to the macros. I'd also like to be able to get into Design Mode so I can check which macros are behind which buttons. Stuff like that - what you would 'normally' see in a database before someone comes along & starts locking it down. Sure, I can do some of this by holding the Shift key, but I want to get it to stay in an amendable state as I have now got to develop it. Well, I had to but now I've copied all the tables, queries, modules & code out to a blank database - I'd just like to know how to reverse what my former colleague had done. It doesn't appear to make any difference to the way it behaves even with the options that I set under Access Option; Current database. Is there likely to be somethin in that form's properties? I can't see anything obvious. There doesn't appear to be any 'on-load' code behind the form. In Design Mode - having opened with Shift - the Navigation Pane is displayed but put the form back into Form View, then the Navigation Pane disappears.

Many thanks,
D€$

Not that I could see. Could it be hidden somewhere?

Many thanks,
D€$

Aha!! If, once I've opened it with Shift, I change the Modal property to 'No' then the Navigation Pane doesn't disappear. However, if I just try to open the database 'normally' the Navigation Pane disappears.

Many thanks,
D€$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back