Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007 Runtime installed on top of Full Access 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eutychus

Programmer
Nov 14, 2007
US
I mistakenly ran the 2007 AccessRuntime.exe runtime installation program on my Windows XP SP3 machine on which I had already installed Office Professional 2007 (which, of course, has full Access 2007 included). Now I am concerned that there will be changes in or problems with the full version of Access. I use Access a lot for database creation and development and need it to function properly. I've considered going to Add or Remove Programs and uninstalling the Runtime version, but am concerned that it may uninstall too much and create more problems.

Any advice on what to do is much appreciated.

Thanks!

I would not expect any issues aside from maybe extensions are not registered with Access or the runtime as you would prefer. But I really do not have experience with that version and combination.

Regardless you should be able to uninstall the runtime, repair office (assuming you let it cache the install files) and you should be good. And don't forget about restore points... you can probably just rollback before the install.

Thanks for the response and reminders. I read somewhere later that if the full version is installed the runtime sees it and does not install.
thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back