Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007 database(.accdb) by ODBC access on win2003 sbs server

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoipTelekom

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2010
HU
Dear Forum Members!

I want to share a database by ODBC on our public IP win2003 sbs server. I added ODBC DNS, etc.., but i cannot connect to the .accdb .

Can you show me a way how to make it work?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Gergely Kiss
Voip Telekom Hungary Kft.

Hi,

What have you tried? You should see an MS Access ODBC Driver.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Hi,

i tried also MDAC 2.8, but i cannot connect.

How do i need to do the setup at the server side?

We have an office 2007 accdb, with forms, etc..

This file i have to open from many locations.

Thanks,
Gergely Kiss

All my experience is from within MS applications, setting up connections to other data sources, via either MS Query to ActiveX Data Objects in VB code.

It would seem to me that each application would need a connection, thru either some DB management facitlty or explicit code written to connect and access the data.

By the was, as an aside, I am 2 generations removed from Hungary. My grandparents emmigrated in the early 20th century. I wish I could tell you the area, but I believe it was not far from Budapest.

Skip,
[sub]

I see, so i do not want to do any complex, i do not know the programming, i just want to setup some ODBC system to host my file, and wait for the connection to it ( which is an access 2007 db ).

Good to hear:) I know many people left, to USA, and around Europe, maybe Australia.

Where do you live now? I am from Budapest.

Thanks,
Gergely Kiss

My family settled in the Philadelphia, Pensylvania area.

My mother had 4 sisters and a brother: one sister and the brother born in Hungary. The oldest is still living at 99, and two others at 83 and 90. My grandmother's family was Nidert. My grandfather's family name was corrupted to Geney.

I am living in the Fort Worth area of Texas.

Skip,
[sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back