Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007 crashes immediately upon opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPS5800

Programmer
Aug 8, 2005
US
I have a multiuser Access 2007 database. 4 out of 50 users immediately crash the database simply by trying to open it. All others open it just fine. Crashing began happening when CREDANT security software was installed on all company computers. Any known issues with Credant and Access 2007?

On one of the PCs which crash; did u attempt to re-install MS Access? Also, are there more than one version of MS Access installed? If so, this may also be an area to investigate... htwh,

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Yes. Access was reinstalled on the offending machines. Access 2007 and 2003 must still both be active on the network since there are a few employees still running 2003, but not necessarily on these machines. When the database crashes, every line of vba code is deleted.

Seems like the database is not splitted in one shared BE/one local FE on each computer.

Hope This Helps, PH.
FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Sounds like a configuration issue on the PC... Remember Access has a specific order to install versions. If access 2003 is installed after 2007; I am not sure... but that could be part of issue... I recall something similar in a previous life where we had all versions installed: Acc-95, Acc-97, Acc-2000 and Acc-2002 and Acc-2003...

I would start with one PC and reinstall Acc-2007... if that fails to resolve issue then remove Acc-2003 and then install Acc-2007...

Steve Medvid
IT Consultant & Web Master

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

Thanks for all the suggestions. One of the computers (out of 4) that would crash the system came up with an error message "error loading report xxxx". I deleted that report and then reimported an exact copy of it from a previous day's backup. All of the offending computers can now open the database without crashing. Complete mystery, but problem apparently solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back