Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2007/2010 Runtime ribbons

Status
Not open for further replies.

stfromli

Programmer
Oct 27, 2007
US
Hi, I'm reposting this in a different forum.
I'm looking for a very straightforward way of adding custom ribbons to an MSAccess Application (Runtime version) of a project I work on regularly. It seems that runtime versions are different from the regular Access version. I'm not to familiar with a step by step approach to getting this done right. Any help is appreciated!

Problem: our toolbars are customized and work great in access 2003 runtime. When upgrading to 2007 runtime, those same command bars no longer work. Solution, create a new ribbon to replace the toolbar or create a new ribbon entirely. Either way, our runtime version ignores the existing one.
Thanks-Steven

Just to be clear, are you wanting a customized RIBBON, or do you want to RETAIN the previous MENU items (which were part of your 'Tool' bar)?
Also, when you say "Either way, our runtime version ignores the existing one" ... are you saying the runtime version ignores the customized menu bar you previously had?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back