Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003-Turn off security warnings? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cottontop

Technical User
Jul 12, 2001
US
I just upgraded to Office 2003 and now, whenever I open a table, I get the following:

"Security Warning: Unsafe expressions are not blocked."

I have to go through three screens to open the table!

Any way to turn this off?

Thanks,

Thanks PHV,

I reviewed my sandbox setting in my registry (thanks to your link,) and it was set to 2. According to the link, you can set your sandbox to the following:

Setting Description
0 Sandbox mode is disabled at all times.
1 Sandbox mode is used for Access applications, but not for non-Access Applications.
2 Sandbox mode is used for non-Access applications, but not for Access Applications. This is the default value.
3 Sandbox mode is used at all times.

Mine is set to "2"! If I read it right, it shouldn't present the warning while in Access, right?

I'd rather not drop my security to "0". But I'll give it a try to see if the warnings discontinue.

Lesson to us all, dont use the Upsizing wizard, the compatibility alone is a minefield.

Use DTS instead, upon a set of tables that youve made yourself by hand, cos you can do so much more with sql server.

Palmermon - Always Thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back