Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 Project - Limit to number of rows returned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BSman

Programmer
Apr 16, 2002
US
I have an Access 2003 project where one of the views/queries is selecting data (an employee list) from a table in a different SQL Server (2000) database than the one associated with the project. No matter what I do the number of records returned is limited to 10,000. There are about 13000 or so records that should be returned. I didn't notice the problem until data was being entered where the last name of the employee in the data record began with "Si"...and wasn't in the list. In fact, the last name in the list started with "Sa".

I've looked at properties of the view/query and the only place to limit the number of records returned is set to the top 100 percent. In fact, I changed it to 15,000 records....and it still only returned 10,000. The only way I could get the last records was to limit the records to those starting with "S" or higher.

Is this a built in limitation with Project? Does someone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Bob S.

In Access, open up your project. Goto 'tools' - 'options' & select the 'advanced' tab. Under 'Client server settings' there's a text box for 'Default max records' which iirc is intially set to 10,000. Try changing that to something like 99,999 & see if that sorts your issue.

'Default max records': 0
Max Records in your form: 0

You will get all the rows.

But...are you sure you want that?

HTH

[pipe]
Daniel Vlas
Systems Consultant

After posting this question I found the setting under Tools/Option and changed the default max records. Everything's fine now.

I'm glad this didn't happen in Access 2007 because I'd probably still be looking for the setting next year, since Access 2007 hides things so effectively.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back