Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 Package wizard problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgupta76

Programmer
Nov 26, 2003
US
I am trying to use the package wizard to create an executable for my mdb file. When I reach the 'Installer Experience' window it asks me select an install Language. I select 'English' and then it asks ' do you want to cache the english install files now'. I say ok and after a few seconds it gives me an error saying 'AccessRT.MSI' could not be copied to 'c:\documents and settings\username\Application data\Microsoft\Access\ADE11\Cache\1033\AccessRT.msi'. The folder has the green highlight for read-only and I have tried removing it but it keeps coming back again. I also removed inherit from parent still no luck. Why is the installer trying to copy the file ACCESSRT.msi when it already exists in the destination folder?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I am having the same problem. Have you made any progress solving this issue?

Thanks

tman,
I will try the link. In the meantime I just installed the Access Runtime on each user's machine from the Access 2009 pro CD and am having them use the FE with the BE stored on the server. I have protected all my code and forms so users can't make any changes or get into design mode.

You need to have your office xp cd ready in order to get past this screen. Simply put, the language packs are not installed on your system yet. Put the cd in your drive before you start the wizard and it will not error out. The reason you are all getting this error is only because it is looking for the office xp cd and it is not there.

I hope this helps you all out.

I had the same problem; when you choose "english", then you have to browse for the Access SETUP.exe file - so go to where you have Access installed, click on the setup.exe file, then click on "Cache", and it should work OK. I think you have to look for the access 2003 setup.exe file, not the Developer Extension file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back