Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 Lost Import File Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktwclark

Programmer
Jan 30, 2002
GB
I've upgraded from Office 97, to Office XP, to Office 2003 and had a few problems. I think multiple registry entries for the different office appliactions was getting windows confused. Everything seemed fine at first but then I noticed I couldn't record macros in Excel, although I could in Word.

I've since uninstalled all versions using the Office XP Toolbox, Add/Remove Programs, physically deleting left-over files using Explorer (I think upgrading and uninstalling only uninstalled the latest Office version, not the previous ones, ie Excel11 folder removed, Excel10 remained), and deleting all Office entries from the Windows Registry (I know!).

I've now re-installed Office 2003 (full install) and again everything seems fine - I can even record macros. However, Access 2003 now only has a partial list of file types I can import (it doesn't recognise CSV or TXT or Paradox, Excel, etc. It does recognise Access, ODBC, and a couple of others.

Do I need to re-install MDAC/Jet. Is this the problem? Will a Service Pack for these components do?

I didn't delete any registry entries for Jet but I did delete everything for Office.

Everything else seems okay with Office...so far.

Thanks in advance.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back