Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 Looses Zebra LP 2844 Printer Portrait/Landscape control, suddenly. (A minor bad dream)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron5

Programmer
Apr 10, 2007
US
Strangely, sometime after installing a new driver for an LP 2844 printer (that had been reliable for years), and creating a set of new USPS like label reports, I apparently lost Portrait/Landscape control. Killing a huge set of inventory & product labels that have been used with the LP 2844 for years. (I'm In Big Trouble over this I must say)

So in my case, the newer 4" X 6" labels are printed in Portrait, they are ok. But a large group of my 2" X 1" and 3" X 1" labels that print in Landscape are affected. Regardless if Portrait or Landscape is selected, all labels/output of the LP 2844 are printed in Portrait. Using MS Word to print test labels, I find that the LP 2844 does follow commands of Portrait/Landscape control, just not in Access.

Any suggestions appreciated.

So I should maybe clarify, since I could not edit my post, when creating/editing a label in Access, the Print Preview and Layout Preview will not display the lines of text over the length of a 2 or 3 inch wide(by 1 inch High) label for example, unless the Page Setup's Orientation is set to Portrait. When the page orientation is set to Landscape (as previous and in MS Word), the lines of text are displayed across the label depicted vertical (2"H X 1" W), with text cut off on the right side, and carried to one or more additional labels. I have worked with MS Access since version 2 and have never observed such an anomaly. I will be testing this on newer Access versions soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back