Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 is bypassing my workgroup file

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirnavi

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
I've had a workgroup and secured databases for a few years now in Access 97. A few days ago, we converted all databases to Access 2003. Everything was working fine up until about a few hours ago. Now Access (everyone's) is bypassing the workgroup, even though the workgroup administrator says that it's still pointed to the correct workgroup file, and signing on everyone as Admin. Unfortunately, since Admin doesn't have rights to a lot of stuff, there are a number of users who can't get to their data. I can't get to it either since I can't sign on with my login and password. I've tried moving the system.mdw in case Access was defaulting to the machine's MDW for some reason but that's not working. Also booted everyone out of Access to see if it was some weird multi-usage thing but that didn't work either. Any ideas???

Create a shortcut for access to the database that includes the workgroup.

For example...

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSAccess.exe"
"C:\My Documents\TestDatabase.mdb" /wrkgrp "C:\My Documents\SecureGrp.mdw"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back