Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

stargal1998

Technical User
Feb 25, 2005
US
I'm using a database as a basis for a report in Access2003 and it's going well. I have all the correct information in it, a total for each month and a grand total at the very end of the report.
Now I wish to refine the report. I want the ARC field to only put certain values in the report (ARC contains order data and I want only orders with a batch code including IS to show up on the report).
What can I do to make this happen. I am a relative newbie to access (just did my first small scale database project last week) and I know it's possible, but I'm not too good with Access at the moment. What am I missing?
Thanks!

You might set the report field's Data Source to:
Code:
iif(ARC like 'IS*',ARC,' ')

That's assuming that "IS" is at the beginning of the ARC field. I haven't tried like '*IS*' or like '*IS', but they might work for "contains IS" or "ends with IS" situations.

HTH

You can set the criteria under the Arc field to:
Like "*IS*"
This however renders your report useless for non-"IS" records. Is this what you want?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Thank you for posting replies.
That is what I want, and what I was trying to do before posting, but I get an invalid syntax error in the ARC control source window when I either type in or paste it.

If you want to filter a report, you don't do anything in any control source. You can set the criteria in the report's record source query or specify a "where clause" in the DoCmd.OpenReport method.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back