Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2003 controling Printers and Printer Trays

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky29

Technical User
Feb 11, 2001
GB
Hi, I hope someone out there can help, here is my problem and I'm out of my depth.

I have an access 2003 database that generates a number of specific record reports, however I have been asked to increase the number of print options so the end user ultimately selects a printer from a combo box on the form and then simply clicks a print button.

The print routine has a list of print commands that make up a pack, certain reports use a mix of papers, some are headed and some are plain and therefore use different trays within the printer.

I therefore need to do the following.

1. allow the code to set the default printer for the print run first.
2. based on the printer selected then specify before each report is printed which tray it needs to take the paper from.
3. In the case of the PDF printer option selected ignore the paper tray issue.

The only way I have been able to do this so far is to have a set of duplicate reports with specific printer settings set on each. Now there is a need to expand the printer choice again I feel it is time to find out if there is a more efficient way of achieving this goal, but unfortunately this is way above my knowledge levels.

I have posted a couple of lines I currently use to call the individual reports to print below.

DoCmd.OpenReport "PPI Questionnaire Master", acViewNormal, , "[Illustration_ID]=" & illid

DoCmd.OpenReport "Spare Forms Print", acViewNormal, , "[Illustration ID]=" & illid

Thanks for the link, appreciated, I will see how I get on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back