Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access (2002) XP - Corruption Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smedvid

MIS
May 28, 1999
US
I've had more corrupt MS Access XP databases over the last couple of months than I did over the last couple of years with Access-2000 and Access-97.

What is the "Best" Approach to attempt to salvage a corrupt database?

Other than the Obvious, menu option for Repair/Compact; I already tried JetComp.exe and also attempted to import objects into a new database without success. I've seen some of the Tools available to "recover" Access databases, but are they really worth the expense?

Fortunately, from experience, I store my development databases on the network and backup myself daily via WinZip at a minimum. Bad news is I can lose a day of programming. The network backup is nightly and my WinZip backups are at sporatic times of the day.

tia,

Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

I have had the same problem and I have created a blank DB and imported from the corrupt DB to the New DB. This has corrected the corruption. hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back