Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 won't hide db window 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carina1628

Technical User
Nov 12, 2002
US
We are running an Access 2000 db in both 2000 & 2002. Hiding the database window works great in 2000, but not so well in 2002. I have de-selected show database window in the startup tools, as well as disbling the special keys.(ie. F11)
I have also included this:
DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide

In Access 2002 though, when the database is opened, it shows two icons on the task bar. One takes you to the switchboard, the other opens the database window. How can I get rid of the button that opens the db window?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Carina,

When you got that result, had you held the shift key down while you opened the database? I've certainly not had to jump through any different hoops to hide the database window in XP than in any other version.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Affordable Development, Professionally Done

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

I didn't have the shift pressed, and thankfully my users don't know that trick! I gave the application its own name and icon since I typically have several open at a time. When the girls are running the application, the unique icon takes them to the database window, and another icon, a form icon, will open the switchboard. When the program first opens, the database window is hidden, but when they come back later, they click on the picture icon and get confused.
Most of my users aren't a problem, but some of them think they want to be programmers!

Carina,

Thanks for that, I've been trying to hide the DB window after printing a form with:
Code:
    Dim stDocName As String
    Dim MyForm As Form

stDocName = "frmPrintSiteDetails"
    Set MyForm = Screen.ActiveForm
    DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, stDocName, True
    DoCmd.PrintOut acPages, 1, 2, , , -1
    DoCmd.SelectObject acForm, MyForm.Name, False

and couldn't find a way to do it!!!

Using:
Code:
     DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True
     DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide
after the command I did does it perfectly!

Thanks again!

About your problem, could it be something to do with WinXP if that's what you are using? I've got Win2k and don't have a problem.

Try "un-ticking" the option "Windows in Taskbar" found in Tools-->Options-->"View Tab"

Aubs

Aubs

I was having the same issue that Carina was having. Your suggestion [blue]Try "un-ticking" the option "Windows in Taskbar" found in Tools-->Options-->"View Tab"[/blue] worked.

Thanks

jodom
LUCK - WHERE PREPARATION MEETS OPPORTUNITY!!

My pleasure Jodom.

How wierd is that... I posted that message on 4 June 2003 and you replied on 4 June 2004! exactly one year on!

Regards,

Aubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back