Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 Runtime Query Verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGguy

Programmer
Jul 27, 2001
US
I have deployed an Access 2002 application using the Packaging Wizard from the Developer version. Before deploying I went in to Tools:Options:Edit/Find and turned off all 'confirm' boxes. When I install the package on a different computer I get the 'Are you sure...?' windows and 'You are about to delete...' windows when the system runs an action query. I don't get these when I run the app on my development PC. How can I make the system run these queries without the messages? Thanks.

i 've had the same problem, i've solved turning to "false" the property using a vba-code when the main form opens.
something like this:
Dim db As Object

Set db = CurrentDb()
db.Properties("StartupShowDBWindow") = False
Set db = Nothing

SetOption "Intercettazione degli errori", 2
SetOption "Conferma modifiche record", 0
SetOption "Conferma query di comando", 0
SetOption "Conferma eliminazione documenti", 0
my version is in italian so the translation of the options maybe is like this:

capture errors
confirm records deletions
confirm action queryes
confirm documents deletions

be carefull when using the setOption command because if you don't use the exact name of the option it will return an error and the exact names in english version maybe are not the ones i have translated above

P.S. i use also a similar code to revert the properties to the original values when the database closes, because i fear that otherwise that properties would remain as i set for all the other databases that would be opened later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back