Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 Pivot Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMGroup

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2003
US
I just upgraded from Win2K to WinXP and Access 2000 to Access 2002. I don't know if what I am seeing is a bug or a feature. Previously, when I created a pivot table form, the Pivot Table Wizard came up (as it does now), but then exported the data to Excel, where the Pivot table was created. Excel would close and then a pivot table would appear. I understood that. Now, when I click finish on the Pivot table wizard, I get a clean Form, the bottom of the screen says Pivot Table View and a smaller window labeled "Pivot Table Field List." That window says "Drag items to the Pivot Table List". I don't see a pivot table list and I cannot seem to create a pivot table at all.

I have just started exploring this (and I thought I knew Access). When I open a pivot table view of a form, I then open up the field list (sounds like perhaps you need to enlarge that window?), then I can drag fields to be column headers, row headers, and data. Look for thin areas where you could drag a field. It will enlarge to hold the field.

Once I then show the form, I get a rather nice pivot table. I haven't gotten it formatted like I want it yet, but I'm working on that. You can set several properties.

If this doesn't answer your question, please let me know, I'll see if I can help.

Ahliana
Argue for your limitations and, sure enough, they're yours! - Richard Bach

I have a similar question. When I click on Pivot Table View - I get the field list, but I just get a blank "work area" where the filter by, column category, row category etc... should be. In other words, there is no where to drag the fields to. Please help.

Therese

I have come accross the same problem with Access2002...
that is, when the pivot table view is loaded with the field list then, following drag-n-drop of any fields into either the row or the column areas, I get the following msg:
"The query could not be processed:
0 The data provider didn't supply any further error information."
I've found no reference at ms knowledge base.
Have any solutions been found?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back