Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 Network-User Problems 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddb43

Technical User
Jan 16, 2002
US
I copied this database to a U:\shared\ Novell networkdrive at work. Changed all the links in this folder to the current folder on U:\shared drive, from my computer. I then set new users in User level security wizard. One was for me to administer and another for others to use as read only, so they could not alter any of this data. The problem is that it works fine on my computer using this file but when I go to another computer it just lets that computer in and does not prompt for user name and password. If I am going at this wrong please let me know.

You need to copy your SYSTEM.MDW file to the same folder as the database file, then have the other staff join this workgroup.

After that, you need to change the path to the Access database to point to the .MDW file on the network path:

Although this document is for 2000, it is equally applicable to 2002 (XP).

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back