Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 Database, Win 7: createfolder failing "Path not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HardingR2000

Programmer
Oct 6, 2008
US
I have an Access 2002 database application that runs just find on Windows XP running Access 2002 and Office 2007. When I run it on a Windows 7 PC running Access 2002 (first PC i have had with this configuration), I have two problems:

1) It fails in the createfolder command at the following location:

Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
fs.createfolder "N:\Natural Gas\TransConf Notifications\"

I have access to and can create folders using Windows Explorer at the location above, so it is not a security problem.

Any ideas as to the problem solution?

2) If I manually create the folder above and bypass the code above, I move on to the following command:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Transaction_Rpt", acViewNormal

There is a failure here with a popup window saying:

Microsoft Access has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stopp working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Any ideas as to the problem solution?

Although I don't think this will solve it because you are talking about the OS being different..... What I do is retype the lines and check the autocomplete to make sure the syntax is correct.... I found this has helped a few time when using an older version of access through the 2007 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back