Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2002 Crash when changing records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaune

Technical User
Jul 10, 2002
AU
Hi,

I have a form that has a subform that is viewed as a datasheet. This datasheet has a subdatasheet.

The form works very well in Acc2000, but in 2002 if you change to a new record (any method) the sodding thing crashes. Acc2002 is running on win2000.

I am running code that expands then contracts the subdatasheet when the new record is selected, however, if there was a problem with this, I suspect it would crash when the form is first opened. It does not do this. I can also use the same expand - contract procedure from a command button within the form, and it does not crash. As soon as I change records Bam! The following message is recorded into the event viewer:

"Faulting application msaccess.exe, version 10.0.2627.1, faulting module msaccess.exe, version 10.0.2627.1, fault address 0x0004a785."

Hopefully someone can help me!

Well, I think the probability that you have at the least a corrupted form is relatively high.

You might create a new database, copy your form into the new database. Delete the form from the original database, then copy the new one into the old database and try it again.
Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Thanks for the reply,

I have tried to do this, but the form still crashed when I changed between records.

I will try again however. I have run into this problem before, but it seemed to affect Acc2000 as well as Acc2002. I have never seen the issue where it works in one, but not the other. 'Course, I've only ben doing this for about 6 months.

Any other ideas??

One more suggestion. Make sure you are running the latest SP for a2k2. Robert Berman
Data Base consultant
Vulcan Software Services
thornmastr@yahoo.com

Rog-o,

I will load this asap to try and cure the problem. I went through the fixes included in the SP, but none seemed to address access2002 directly. Thanks for the reminder!

Shaune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back