Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access 2000 won't install properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverickFR

IS-IT--Management
Jul 27, 2003
FR
A user has a problem with access 2000. when he opens it, he always has an error message sayint there are registry entries missing. I have completely deleted office 2000 including everything I could find in the registry, then completely reinstalled it. the problem is the same. Does anyone know what to do?

Yeah: Never manually "delete" any MS bundle - always de-install it.
Try re-installing, then doing an "Office repair" installation (This is an option from setup when office is already installed.)

Important: Do you have other Access versions installed on your computer?
If so: Do a MS-Knowledgebase search on Access 97 and 2000. Your problem might be caused by a font (Haettenschweiler).

In that case, follow the instructions given by MS.

Cheers,
Andy

[blue]The last voice we will hear before the world explodes will be that of an expert saying:
"This is technically impossible!" - Sir Peter Ustinov[/blue]
andreas.galambos@bowneglobal.de
HP:

actually I did de-install it, but it did not work. I'll take a look if other versions of office are installed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back