Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

access 2000 with package, backward compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hinchdog

Programmer
Feb 14, 2001
US
i'm using dao 3.6 with access 2000 in my program. if a user installs this program but has access 97 on their system, will it still work?

Yes. I assume that you are using VB with an Access MDB file. If you create the MDB file in Access 2000, use the database utilities to save it as prior Access version. Use a data control and in the Connect property of the data control specify "Access" not "Access 2000".
Actually, Access should not even need to be installed on the users machine. Both Access and VB use the Jet database engine native. If you author the MDB file in Access 2000 and set the Connect property of any data controls to Access 2000 it should work.

i'm currently using this connect string. will it work?

"Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & App.path & "\Classes.mdb;Mode=ReadWrite;Persist Security Info=False"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back