Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 - Reports Crash when opened in vba using DoCmd OpenReport

Status
Not open for further replies.

seagoing

Programmer
Jun 1, 2003
GB
Have a problem contolling reports in MS Access 2000 (ver 9.0.6926 SP-3) through VBA.

When attempting to open reports in vba using...

DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strWhere

...Sometimes the report(s) open, sometimes they don't and, more importantly, sometimes they cause a Fatal Error in Access

I understand that SP3 of Office 2000 was supposed to have resolved this issue - I have SP-3 but still get the problem.

Anyone had this, and managed to get round it?

Thanks
TS

well i will be gladly to help you with trying to convince you t ooffice 2003 tho i find access 2000 to be the worst database evermade by microsoft and its a very unstable program especially with vba i would rather use office 97 then 2000 i did use 97 befor xp came out

sorry i cant help with this problem due that you use 2000 its by my understandig the problem and not you mdb file

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Thanks for your comments IGPCS, I must admit though, I've found MS Access 2000 brilliant, over a number of years usage. I think I can honestly say that this problem, crashing reports! is the only real problem I've experienced with Access itself, so I'd love to get it sorted. There must be an answer, surely!

Maybe, if MS Access 2000 is as bad as you say, Microsoft should offer free upgrades to, say, Access 2003 to provide customers a product that works?

Regards
TS

well try and talk to them byu the way just for your knoledge i am a former worker from the ms office developers dept in Israel moved to NY and lost my MS employment so i wasnt talking just for the talk but i am talking from experience

and i do mean it that i could assure you (99.99%) that in other versions this wont happen to you or maybe post here your VB Code and i will look it over to see if me or someone here can try help you with that

p.s. no offence

IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Thanx again. No offence taken! Not much code to display, a simple DoCmd.OpenReport.... statement. The report itself is nothing special, NO subforms, No VBA Code. So, you see my problem, not much to try changing!

I understand your point about Access 2003

Regards
TS

did you try to do cmpile and repair?

IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Yes, frequently, doesn't help though!

Regards
TS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back