Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 Report Prints All Blank Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

AccessIsMyFriend

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
I just created two new tables in an existing MDB Access 2000 database.

Based on these tables I created a report that draws data from an existing table and the two new tables.

The report works perfectly in Print Preview, but then when I print it, it just prints a blank page for each page of the report.

All of the other existing reports print correctly. Only this one report prints blank pages despite having a perfect print preview.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
-Matthew

does this report contain charts/graphs? Access has difficulty in printing those...

if not, try compact/repair or decompile or recreating the report or copying to another name...

--------------------
Procrastinate Now!

No reports or graphs, just our company logo. I tried removing that and running it again, but it still shows perfectly in Print Preview and print a completely blank page.

I tried copying the report but the copy didn't print either.

I tried compacting and repairing...no effect.

But then I noticed the printer was asking for transparency instead of paper. So I checked the print setting in Access, and it was set to transparency. Changing that to regular paper didn't fix it, but it got me searching through the settings.

Eventually I found an advanced printer-specific setting that was set to print the page scaled to 0% of original size. No idea why, but just this report had the printer settings that way.... Changing that to 100% (and SEVERAL other settings that were COMPLETELY randomly set to wrong things) has fixed the problem.

Of course the question remains how those settings got that way or why the other reports printed correctly.

Guess this one will be in the pile of "no idea why that works, but at least it works."

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back