Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Access 2000 opening table extremely slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kneeo

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2001
US
I have five nearly Identical machines (only difference is processor speed) they are all PII350,PII300,128MB
RAM,8gig HD and have been upgraded to Office 2000 as of last week.
The problem is on three machines loading or disigning a form inside an existing database takes forever
to load 20sec. to a minute.On two other machines it works great and comes right up.
One of the users did a repair install from the MS office 2000 cd set this did nothing as far as curing
the problem.
The problem spans all databases and is not specific to one database.One machine that it works fine on
is one of the slower machines.

The Cd I used to install the office suite is Service Release 1

Don't feel left out Keeno. I am having the exact same problem here. I don't have problems accessing tables on my local machine. It only happens across the network. And it is neither database nor table specific and is quite random. This is both a networking problem as well as an Access problem. Very frustrating. I'm searching for a solution as well. Let me know if you come up with anything - I'll do the same.

billg@greensupply.com

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back